16-Hour Rigging Worker
16-Hour Rigging Worker Schedule
Cost: $375.00 USD
Location: 23-01 41st Avenue #1A, Long Island City, NY
Title of course: 16 Hour Rigging Worker
DOB Course Code: CRA-103
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Course Description: During the training, students will be provided with an overview of OSHA and DOB policies, procedures, and ASME rigging standards with a special emphasis on recognition and prevention of hazardous conditions. Additional topics will include instructions on how to visually inspect rigging equipment, basic crane components, crane setup and methods of applying proper rigging hitches. Students will participate in hands-on exercises in which they will be responsible for presenting, installing and using various rigging applications.
Hands-on assessment will be made by instructor to determine if each student is capable of applying rope knots, inspect rigging hardware and apply learned rigging lifting techniques. Immediately prior to the end of the course, students will independently participate in a multiple-choice final exam.
Pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Training Requirements: As per 33184.108.40.206 of the 2014 NYC Construction Codes, this course is required by the New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) for individuals, not hired directly by a licensed rigger who attach or detach articles from the hook of hoisting equipment and signalpersons communicating with such in New York City.
Audience: This training is geared towards individuals who perform rigging or signaling work in the construction trades in New York City.
Course Duration: 16 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize hazards associated to rigging in construction
- Inspect rigging equipment in accordance to ASME, OSHA and manufacturer requirements
- Identify hitch configurations, equipment capacities and basic knots
- Use rigging equipment and hitches in various applications
Completion Requirements: 100% attendance and active participation in all learning activities including hands-on class exercises and the final exam is required. Students must earn a score of 70% or higher on the written and practical examination to receive a 16 Hour Rigging Worker id card. This card is valid for 4 years.
Students who do not pass the written or practical exam will have one opportunity to retake the entire 16 hour course and retake the exam at reduced fee of $150. Students must contact All Eyes on Safety Training Academy to schedule and pay for the retake class within 6 months following the original class date.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact All Eyes on Safety Training Academy to arrange to attend another scheduled event.