32 Hour Rigging Supervisor
32 Hour Rigging Supervisor Schedule
Cost: $525.00 USD
Location: 23-01 41st Avenue #1A, Long Island City, NY
Title of course: 32 Hour Rigging Supervisor
DOB Course Code: CRA-301
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Course Description: During this 32-hour course, students will be provided with an overview of OSHA and DOB policies, procedures, and ASME rigging standards with a special emphasis on supervision and coordination of rigging crews and rigging equipment setup. Some topics will include instructions on how to visually inspect rigging equipment, crane setup, load weight and center of gravity calculations as well as methods of applying proper rigging hitches. Students will participate in hands-on exercises in which they will be responsible for presenting, installing and using various rigging applications.
Hands-on assessment will be made by instructor to determine if each student is capable of applying rope knots, inspect rigging hardware and apply learned rigging lifting techniques and immediately prior to the end of course students will independently complete a multiple choice final exam.
Pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to demonstrate an ability to read and write in English.
Training Requirements: As per 33220.127.116.11 of the 2014 NYC Construction Codes, this course is required by the New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) for individuals who supervise workers attaching or detaching articles from the hook of hoisting equipment and signalpersons communicating with such in New York City.
Audience: This training is geared for construction foremen, riggers, safety supervisors, rigging inspectors, and personnel in charge of rigging operations not hired directly by a licensed rigger.
Course Duration: 32 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize hazards associated to rigging in construction
- Inspect rigging equipment in accordance to ASME, OSHA and manufacturer requirements
- Identify hitch configurations, equipment capacities and basic knots
- Use rigging equipment and hitches with knowledge of load angle factors, rigging capacities, and load integrity
- Calculate the weight of the load and find its center of gravity
- Recognize signaling requirements used during rigging operations
Completion Requirements: 100% attendance and active participation in all learning activities including hands-on class exercises and the final exam is required. Students must earn a score of 70% or higher on the written and practical examination to receive a 32 Hour Rigging Supervisor id card. This card is valid for 4 years.
Students who do not pass the written or practical exam will have one opportunity to retake the entire 32-hour course and retake the exam at a reduced fee of $200. Students must contact All Eyes on Safety Training Academy to schedule and pay for the retake class within 6 months following the original class date.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact All Eyes on Safety Training Academy to arrange to attend another scheduled event.