8 Hour Concrete Safety Manager Refresher
8 Hour Concrete Safety Manager Refresher Schedule
Cost: $225.00 USD
Location: 23-01 41st Avenue #1A, Long Island City, NY
Title of course: 8 Hour Concrete Safety Manager Refresher
DOB Course Code: CON-302
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Course Description: This course is a comprehensive review of Chapter 33 and the Rules of the City of New York that pertain to public protection for concrete construction. During the course, students will be reintroduced to the hazards of working the New York City and the specific methods and work practices that are necessary for concrete construction in urban areas.
Pre-requisites: Students attending this course must present an expired or soon to be expired Concrete Safety Manager license from the NYC Department of Buildings.
Training Requirements: As per §3310.9.1 of the NYC Construction Codes, this course is a renewal requirement for the holder of a NYC Department of Buildings Concrete Safety Manager Certificate. Renewal applicants must successfully complete this course every 3 years.
Audience: Experienced workers with at least 5 years of supervisory experience on projects where the concrete portion of the project(s) involved the placement of at least 2,000 cubic yards of concrete.
Course Duration: 8 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Navigate the New York City Department of Buildings website to select appropriate Building Codes, New York City Rules, Bulletins and applications.
- Identify the rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious concrete construction accidents in New York City.
- Explain the reasons for New York City safety rules for concrete projects.
- Determine New York City specific safety issues for concrete projects.
- Prescribe control measures for New York City safety issues for concrete projects.
- Choose safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision-making.
- Motivate other employees to make changes to improve the safety culture of New York City.
- Differentiate between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of Building Code of New York City.
Completion Requirements: Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on exercises and review quiz.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact All Eyes on Safety Training Academy to arrange to attend another scheduled event.