8 Hour Site Safety Coordinator
8 Hour Site Safety Coordinator Schedule
Cost: $300.00 USD
Location: 23-01 41st Avenue #1A, Long Island City, NY
Title of course: 8 Hour Site Safety Coordinator
DOB Course Code: SAF-103
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Course Description: This course focuses on a comprehensive approach to the management of a construction site and discusses the NYC DOB Building Codes set forth in Chapter 33. The main objective of this course is to emphasize the importance of safety and protection of the public and workers on and around a jobsite. Our knowledgeable instructors, who are licensed Site Safety Managers, will discuss revisions to the Building Codes, necessary actions to perform to ensure public safety, accident preventions, importance of maintaining logbooks, examines the roles of Site Safety Manager, Coordinator and a Superintendent and much more.
Pre-requisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must be able to verbally communicate with instructor in primary language of the training.
Training Requirements: Pursuant to 1 RCNY 3301-02, this course is qualification requirement for candidates seeking to obtain the NYC Department of Buildings Site Safety Coordinator Certificate or to register/renew as a Construction Superintendent.
Audience: Experienced Construction workers, supervisors, and other personnel responsible for construction activities with general knowledge of the New York City Building Codes as it relates to worker and public safety.
Course Duration: 8 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify common causes of construction accidents in NYC
- Explain the New York City Department of Buildings qualifications and procedures to obtain a Site Safety Coordinator Certificate
- Differentiate between OSHA (federal) standards (federal) and New York City Department of Buildings (local) Chapter 33 regulations
- Recognize recent changes to the NYC Fire and Building Codes and OSHA standards
- Distinguish between resources containing relevant local laws and those containing federal codes
- Summarize specific safeguards employed by all NYC Department of Buildings licensed site safety processional during construction and demolition in NYC
Completion Requirements: Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on exercises and review quiz.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact All Eyes on Safety Training Academy to arrange to attend another scheduled event.