8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover Refresher
8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover Refresher Schedule
Cost: $225.00 USD
Location: 23-01 41st Avenue #1A, Long Island City, NY
Title of course: 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover Refresher
DOB Course Code: SCA-202
- 100% attendance for the course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Course Description: During this course students will be discussing changes and updates to OSHA and New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) policies, procedures and supported scaffold standards. Students will also have a chance to share jobsite experiences and opinions about new supported scaffold systems and solutions. This knowledge will help workers to properly prepare for and participate in supported scaffold installation/removal process.
The instructor will assess students to determine if each student is capable of applying rope knots used to rig scaffold equipment, properly install/maintain fall protection systems, safely build supported scaffold systems and walking/working scaffold platforms and immediately prior to the end of the course, students will independently participate in a multiple choice final exam.
Pre-requisites: Completion of a 32 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover or 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Refresher course within the last 4 years. The expired or soon to be expired card must be presented prior to the start of the course.
Training Requirements: As per 33126.96.36.199 of the New York City Building Code, workers who install, adjust, repair, maintain, inspect, or remove a supported scaffold that is 40 feet or more in height, including the person supervising such, shall, at a minimum, have completed a department-approved training program or course that is at least 32 hours long and shall complete a department-approved 8-hour refresher program or course every 4 years thereafter.
Audience: This course is intended for workers who are renewing an expired or soon to be expired 32 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover Refresher ID card to continue to supervise and use supported scaffolds in NYC.
Course Duration: 8 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize supported scaffold related terminology and definitions
- Identify causes of scaffolding accidents and prevention methods
- Discuss differences between New York City Building Code and OSHA scaffolding regulations
- Illustrate hazards related to installation/removing and use of supported scaffolds and how to control them
- Develop a basic knowledge of how to safely install and remove supported scaffold equipment
- Inspect supported scaffold components using methods learned
Completion Requirements: Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on demonstrations and the final course exam. Students must earn a score of 70% or higher to receive a 8 Hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover Refresher course completion picture ID card.
Students who do not pass the written or practical exam will have one opportunity to retake the entire 8-hour course and retake the exam at reduced fee of $100. Students must contact All Eyes on Safety Training Academy to schedule and pay for the retake class within 6 months following the original class date.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portions of the course, it is the student’s responsibility to contact All Eyes on Safety Training Academy to arrange to attend another scheduled event.